Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dream Home

I know this might come as a complete surprise to you all, but I spend an unruly amount of hours everyday dreaming up my dream house. I mean, I actually have a folder on my computer devoted to my dream home inspiration.


SHOCKER, right? ;) Not so much.


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to put together a few of my favorite inspirational photos to create a view into my ultimate dream house for your enjoyment (or mostly, mine). So look away!



I love me some big, white, Southern style homes with class black shutters and brick pavers. What can I say? I love the traditional glamor.


I'd keep the foyer classic with a grand staircase and black and white marble floors, but I'd add a little spunk by placing a leopard runner over those beautiful steps.


I'd need a beautiful office for my daily blogging hideaway with some pretty furniture, colorful inspirational artwork and lots of space, like this one. The only thing I'd add is some built-in bookshelves for displaying pretty things.


Rachel Zoe's dining room is my ultimate favorite. I would recreate this EXACTLY if I could...Maybe use some ghost chairs instead, but other than that, perfection.



I'm a firm believer in formal living rooms where you can escape to on Christmas morning and other special family occasions. It would have to be vintage and chic, & preferably with lots of tufting on velvet couches.


The family room would be a little more inviting and cozy with a neutral color palette and large windows, but still kept eclectic with some lucite tables, animal skin rugs, and fur throws.


You all know my love for a kitchen with white cabinets, marble countertops, and white subway tiles. Perfection! I love the palette and would add a few open shelves for displaying other pretty kitchen items.


I'd absolutely need this rolling cart bar with pink bottles and crystal glasses for my guests pleasure!

My bedroom would have to be kept romantic and glamorous. I love the dark colors in this room and the velvet, tufted headboard and fur comforter, giving this room a luxurious feeling.


A vintage inspired master bathroom is a must have, with a claw foot tub (or something like this one here) marble floors and counter tops, and detailed mirrors.


I also need this awesome vanity to get ready in the morning. Love the sconces.


And last but not least, I would need a small but comfortable garden to escape to on warm & sunny days. Nothing fancy, just enough for a patio to sit and barbeque, grass to frolic, and space for a small garden. Oh yeah....and I like this rass trimmed around these stepping stones. So pretty!
images all via pinterest


Ahhh, doesn't that seem like a dream? I think so.


What about you? What are your must-haves in your dream home?

No comments:

Post a Comment