Monday, December 5, 2011

American Horror Story Home

"American Horror Story" on FX has easily made it's way to the top of my favorite show list lately with its creepy plot, twists and turns and AMAZING set that takes place in a haunted house which happens to be a real-life LA mansion.

The haunted home back in the "1970s" when it was "abandoned".

While I was searching online for some pictures of the set to share with you guys, I found just what I needed over on one of my favorite sites, Hooked on Houses, that features pictures of many Hollywood homes. Before doing some research, I thought that the television series set might be just that, but I was pleased to find out that not only is it a real-life home, but there were pictures to share with you guys! Most of the show is actually filmed in the house, but a few rooms were changed in order to create different effects.

The home in real-life.

The brick Victorian home was built on 1908 on an LA Country Club park. It's a 3-story that contains 6 bedrooms, 5 baths, immense woodworking, stained glass windows and has over 10,000 square feet!






The kitchen in this show is to die for, unfortunately it is one of the few rooms that is changed in the television series and shot on set. I love the look of the checkerboard floors, dark cabinets, marble countertops and industrial appliances.



To check out more pictures of the "American Horror Story" set and real-life LA mansion, click here. I promise it won't disappoint! And don't forget to check out the show on FX, Wednesday nights @ 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment